1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 5, 2017

A quick report from a trip I made last week to London where I visited George Bamford at Bamford watches. Firstly, I was delighted to see that George is a true watch geek, like us, and secondly that he has a genuine love for Heuer. He has a great collection of stopwatches and timers that he has built over the years, which are used as decoration around the office.

Had a good chance to see the watches up close, and they are impressive. The coatings have been developed by Bamford and certainly look impressive. The light grey coating in particular looks cool.

Interestingly, while TAG Heuer has approved all of the combinations that you'll find on the configurator, any variant from this has to be individually approved. I assume that this is to protect the limited editions from people being able to reproduce them.

Some of the designs I liked, some were way over the top for me...but that's your choice and I guess that's what the idea is behind LVMH working with Bamford.

Next time I'll bring a camera and take a few shots, but overall it's a very impressive operation from a guy who loves his watches ;)

Edit: Forgot to add...I did also spend a few hours at TAG Heuer HQ and later that day had lunch with someone very interesting..but those are stories for another day ::stirthepot::

Edited Dec 5, 2017
    Jim Dollares, imagwai, SteveP and 4 others like this.
  2. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 5, 2017

What a cliff-hanger !

3. SteveP

SteveP Dec 5, 2017

Very interesting report-thanks DC. '....TAG Heuer has approved all of the combinations that you'll find on the configurator....' phew-there are indeed some quite garish combinations to be had on there. I do fear there are monsters in the making!!!

I know of 'someone' who visited THHQ Friday last week on a mission ....that may be another tangent however.
    Steve

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 5, 2017

My TH visit was for a project that I am hoping I can share more of in February...hopefully its something that will be interesting for the forum.

The lunch was with someone who doesn't work for or with TH, but is connected to the project.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not trying to build suspense or mystery to keep you guys out of the loop, just needs a little more time...

5. Hubert

Hubert Dec 5, 2017

We'll be patiently waiting ...
    upload_2017-12-5_15-44-21.png

Jim Dollares, MRC, SteveP and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Dec 5, 2017

I'm getting the ::popcorn::..... hopefully some sort of Calibre11 collaboration.....

7. SteveP

SteveP Dec 6, 2017

Well DC, if you use the ::stirthepot:: emoji you're gonna get people interested. ;)

8. MRC

MRC Dec 6, 2017

How about the Calibre 11 "The Garage" version? Covered in oil and scratched to hell and back because you wore it while changing the gear ratios in your Hewland 'box? Comes with the two big breaker-bars you needed to get the nuts off the gearbox shafts.

Watch still ticking though!

dtf likes this.
  9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 6, 2017

Sold!

10. Gambba

Gambba Dec 6, 2017

It’s always better to have some suspense anyway DC. Getting all the goodies at once is no fun!

11. elbeik

elbeik Dec 6, 2017

[​IMG]

Mr_Orange and imagwai like this.