Forums Latest Auctions Members

2020 TAG Heuer Connected G3 - Wishlist & Discussions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scratchy

Scratchy Nov 18, 2019

2. Hubert

Hubert Nov 18, 2019

https://www.wareable.com/smartwatch...r-smartwatches-set-for-early-2020-launch-7768

3. Hubert

Hubert Nov 18, 2019

4. riseagainst

riseagainst Dec 26, 2019

The lack of straps was why I chose not to purchase the 41mm. TH really dropped the ball by not including black and brown leather options. The potential was there, execution was poor. Dropping modular for 2020 looks to be a big step backward. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

5. jucarbon

jucarbon Feb 28, 2020

New Tag Connected watch, saw it today. Impressions look nice no wings, looks like a normal Carrera case. No modular compatibility (sad), easy changeable straps, Model I saw stainless steel black ceramic, black rubber strap. Qualcom chip, heart rate monitor. Looks beautiful. Rotating rubber crown and two pushers like the chrono watches have. Was not allowed to take pictures.

Launch date March 13.

Edited Feb 28, 2020
  6. Feanor

Feanor Feb 28, 2020

I didn't buy myself a Christmas present, because I was holding on for this.
    Does it have a rounded, torus-shaped bezel, like Connected Modular and the new Autavia Calibre 5, or a flatter one like Carrera Heuer?

7. jucarbon

jucarbon Feb 28, 2020

I would say like the Carrera Heuer

8. EmJay

EmJay Feb 28, 2020

Is it one size? 45?

9. jucarbon

jucarbon Feb 28, 2020

The one I saw was 45mm but it felt smaller compared to the modular. Did not asked about smaller size.

10. EmJay

EmJay Feb 28, 2020

Thanks! Still worth waiting for me then. Hope it's not too chunky.

11. Feanor

Feanor Feb 28, 2020

So from your description I'm expecting something between the first Connected (no modularity, no rounded bezel, no wings) and the second Connected (AMOLED screen I guess, maybe max. 45mm or smaller... and somehow I'm expecting -and I hope- similar bezel to screen ratio as the second Connected. The first Connected had too thin of a bezel for its screen diameter).
    Heart rate monitor is a great bonus for me. I hope for a rotating crown too. I'm optimistic, nowadays pretty much every Wear OS watch has one.

12. Feanor

Feanor Feb 28, 2020

I think without the wings it will wear a lot smaller than the Connected Modular and to be honest I don't like my smartwatches too small. The 1.39" screen of the Connected Modular is the minimum size where I can use the Wear OS integrated keyboard with a relative accuracy and I like using this feature. I have other Wear OS smartwatches with 1.2" screens and they are too small for typing.

13. jucarbon

jucarbon Feb 28, 2020

Feanor - Yes rotating rubber crown and two pushers like the chrono watches.

14. EmJay

EmJay Feb 29, 2020

The main struggle for me here is to wear this watch with my shirts and suits. Even 41 is really chunky and uncomfortable with my shirts, modular 45 is a no goner. But as long as its thinner I will be very happy.

15. ASW

ASW Feb 29, 2020

On the site when googled:

85B6DA50-A4DA-4907-9A23-25DEF687D09B.png
  16. Feanor

Feanor Feb 29, 2020

I'm ambivalent; on the one hand it is shaping up to be a beautiful watch and it seems it will be doing everything I want it to do.
    On the other hand, I lament the cancellation of the modularity; and I think the timing is somehow off, as the current QUALCOMM Snapdragon 3100 (which I understand the watch will be running on) is practically technologically obsolete and there are rumors that later this year there will be finally a more modern chip, which will open new possibilities for Wear OS watches.
    I just hope that the new Connected will come at least with the necessary 1GB of RAM, that according to reviewers improves massively the performance of Wear OS watches with Snapdragon 3100 and that TAG Heuer will be able to provide with the same excellent update support that we enjoyed till now.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  17. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG Feb 29, 2020

I’m also ambivalent: I’m looking forward to seeing how is the 3rd Gen Connected, but -once confirmed is not compatible with current Modular system, and it’s not even modular- for sure I’m not going to buy it, and I will stay with my current Modular 45, which is perfectly working for what I need: notifications, control of my iPhone for playing music, enough battery for a complete working day with the screen always on (WatchMaker faces)... two mechanical modules, and many different straps and lugs ;)

BMW Works likes this.
  18. snk11388

snk11388 Feb 29, 2020

Connected 3th Generation will work out perfectly for you. I was invited for a preview at the local TH Boutique. The case is thinner compared to Connected Modular 45. This is a winner for Tag Heuer. Presentation box feels rich too. The watch comes in a travel case. Other members have talked about the chipset, memory etc.

The straps are supple and feel good on the wrist. The watch will come only on a black rubber. Bracelet and three other color rubber straps will be available at the launch time.

I put my money down and looking forward for the launch date.

Cheers.

19. EmJay

EmJay Feb 29, 2020

Thanks! Any rough indications about the budget here? ;)

20. snk11388

snk11388 Feb 29, 2020

Starts from 1800 USD. Titanium case expected by mid-April and will be approximately 400 USD more.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.